Thursday, January 12, 2012

RANDOM THOUGHTS OF THE MOMENT

I want this year to be a year filled with JOY.
Even in difficult times, I want to be able to find the good, and be joyful.
I want to be known as a woman of JOY.
{source}

1 Chronicles 28:20a

New International Version (NIV)
 20 David also said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you..."

This Bible verse encourages me to not be afraid, to go after my goals with 110%, with all that I have...remembering that God is my biggest fan, cheering me along.

{source}
At the end of the year, I want to look back and be thankful that I have Diabetes. I spent the last year hating Diabetes, getting overwhelmed with all that it entails, asking, "why me?", and letting Diabetes win.

I'm constantly inspired when I hear stories about people who use their Diabetes to motivate them into  accomplishing great things...marathons, playing professional sports, competing in the Olympics, etc. I want to live with excellence, despite Diabetes...and because of Diabetes...and hopefully inspire others.



{Video found on Amy Stockwell Mercer's Blog}

Diabetes isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I'm kinda stuck with this for life. As out of control as this disease can be at times, I want to be in control of it as much as I can be. I want to eat well, exercise often, and live with excellence...to conquer Diabetes.


{source}
 ...and maybe I'll even be inspired to run a 1/2 marathon.
Ok, maybe I should at least start with a 5K.
Sometimes I need to remind myself to take baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment