Tuesday, May 13, 2014

POETRY TUESDAY - #DBLOG WEEK DAY 2

Today's prompt: This year, Diabetes Blog Week and TuDiabetes are teaming up to bring out the poet in you! Write a poem, rhyme, ballad, haiku, or any other form of poetry about diabetes. After you’ve posted it on your blog, share it on the No Sugar Added® Poetry page on TuDiabetes, and read what others have shared there as well!

After a long night of dealing with a flooding basement, I'm having a hard time coming up with a creative and original poem about Diabetes.

Fortunately, I have my 15 year old self to borrow from. Here is a poem I wrote for a high school freshman english class assignment that ended up getting published in the Northwest Herald:


In June 1996, life with Diabetes was a little different. I didn't have a pump, had no clue what a Continuous Glucose Monitor was, and the Paleo diet was nowhere on my radar. One thing that is still the same is my desire to go about my life, not letting Diabetes interfere. Diabetes is not normal compared to most people's every day life. Diabetes does change things, but it just becomes a new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment