Friday, November 5, 2010

BIG BLUE, PART 2

I'm well aware that I have never been without any medical supplies.
Growing up my dad had amazing health insurance coverage and we had closets (yes, plural) filled with supplies.
Now grown up and on my own insurance,
I am again, blessed with everything I need.

* All it took was a phone call from my doctor to get set up with sensors and my continuous glucose monitor.
* My pump just ran out of warranty in August.
* One phone call and I was upgraded to the newest model.
* I even got to choose the color I wanted (pink!), and it was sent to my work just days later.
* My insurance was so good in fact, that after turning in my old pump, I had a credit of money on my account...so essentially, I got paid to go on an upgraded pump.

Not everyone is as fortunate
and some even lack a basic needle and vial of insulin they need to keep them alive!!!

BUT...many people and various organizations have come together to make it possible for children with Diabetes in some of the poorest countries to receive the insulin they need.

And to make it happen, all you need to do is watch this video:



Up until November 14th (World Diabetes Day), money will be donated to this cause.
Read the press release here to find out more info:
Thanks for doing your part.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment