Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One Glorious Year!!

Words can not express how amazing this last year has been.
It's hard to believe how fast it has flown by.
We are so blessed and have so much to be thankful for.

I love sitting back and thinking through all the details of our relationship, how it began, when we were just "good friends" back in college, our first kiss, when he told me he loved me for the first time, the proposal, etc...I get giddy just thinking about it!!!

We had a great time, stretching out the celebration between 2 weekends because we just had so much to celebrate!!!

Friday, May 9, 2008

An amazing dinner at Maggiano's (one of our favorite restaurants!!!).

After dinner we made our way over to the Marriott Renaissance, where we spent the night.
We were right off of the river and had a view of the Chicago Theater right outside of our room

And yes...Derek took the picture below (isn't he amazing?!?!?)

We went out at 11:00pm (look at how young and fresh we are!!!) and went walking around near the Buckingham Fountain. It must've been prom because there were a million obnoxious high schoolers, dressed up and riding around in limos. We just laughed and were glad to be grown, and celebrating our marriage!!!

Saturday, May 9, 2009


It was a beautiful day as we walked back to our car (parked at work, where I got a ticket for parking overnight...but it was just an MBI ticket and not a "real" one...so no payments needed to be made!!!)


Saturday, May 16, 2009

Breakfast on our back porch on a wonderful sunny, Saturday morning!!!

Baked Banana Bread French Toast
(my go-to breakfast for special events)

Fresh Organic (and SUPER cheap) fruit from Stanley's Fruit Market near work.

And don't forget the coffee in a TIU mug
(where the friendship and sparks all began)!!!

Back at TIU, Jackie graduates with her Masters in Teaching!!!
We are so proud of her!!!




And of course I had to take a trip down memory lane to my old room. 4 years, 1 roomate, 1 room...Suite 1A, Room 111. Some of the best memories and hardest laughs took place in this room with Kathrina!!! I still laugh just as hard with my new roommate, Derek :)

Sunday, May 17, 2009 (Our actual anniversary!!!)
The Bears Fan Convention/Expo
Soldier Field

GM Jerry Angelo, President Ted Phillips, Head coach Lovie Smith


Lovie!!!

Our hero Jay!!!

Jay Culter, Greg Olsen, Matt Forte, Orlando Pace

In the locker room


Urlacher's locker

Cutler's locker. I was hoping to see some juice and glucose tablets in there...but I know this was set up for show!!! (I'm sure he's got some on hand during the games!).



After the long day, we had dinner at Ditka's. The food was AMAZING!!! I had tilapia, pan fryed in vanilla rum sauce with rice and some kind of pineapple-mango salsa. Even the bread and butter was delicious!!!


The day actually began with a surprise bouquet of flowers. Derek told me he had to go to the store to pick up some sharpies for when we see the players at the Expo. I thought that was strange since he has sharpies in every color and thickness!!! When he got home he asked if I could throw in a load of laundry down in the basement. HE normally does the laundry, so again, this was weird, but as a happy wife of 1 year, I went down to the basement to begin the laundry.
When I came upstairs, there was a beautiful bouquet sitting on my pillow!!!

It was the perfect celebration with the perfect man for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment