Tuesday, August 23, 2011

THE SUGARLESS PLUM

"I'm not saying it's easy and I'm not saying I wouldn't jump for joy if there were a cure found tomorrow. But I can honestly say I feel blessed to live in a time when there are so many resources that allow me and so many others to live full, healthy, passion-filled lives."


{source}

This was on my reading wishlist for quite some time before my mom bought it for me last Christmas. One of my favorite reads of 2010, I couldn't put this down and finished it in 2 days.

Zippora Karz's story was very inspiring and part of what helped lift me out of my last Diabetes Funk.

As a ballerina in the New York City Ballet, she had everything going for her at the young age of 18. She didn't let Diabetes stop her when she was diagnosed (w/Type 1) at the age of 21.

{source}
 Zippora's attitude of determination and perseverance is just what I needed to read about. Her quote above is such a great perspective to have. It's people like Zippora that inspire and encourage me to not let Diabetes stand in the way.
{source}

And now I want to be a ballerina too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment