Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Where did 2011 go?!?
I had so many goals, so many plans...so many great ambitions to blog regularly (Ooops!).

With a new year, comes new goals, plans, resolutions.

This year, my priorities revolve around faith, fitness, & family.


{source}
 FAITH. It's so easy to put my relationship with the Lord on the back-burner, and to get busy with life and excited about what I have planned. I NEED to make spending time with God a priority. It was nice having a few days off and to be able to sleep in then sit in our front sun room with my Bible and journal. To read and pray is such a great way to start out my morning. My plan for 2012 is to read through the 1 Year Chronological Bible...and my hope is to be consistent each day!


{source}
 Fitness. Getting in shape, losing weight, eating healthy, working out consistently, getting my a1c under 7, my Diabetes under tighter control, and my body ready for a baby (someday). I ran at the gym on Jan 1st and did a yoga workout at home on Jan 2nd (patting self on back). So far so good (I know, it's only been 2 days!). I've decided to kick off the year with a 28 day cleanse/detox. Our kitchen is overflowing with fruits, veggies, spices, and pots and pans from a weekend of cooking and planning ahead. The only real problem I've run into is when I added a pinch of Cayenne pepper to my mango coconut water smoothie this morning...and then proceeded to put in my contacts (without having washed my hands). Ouch! I have big hopes for making this the healthiest year ever. I've spent the last few years obsessing over healthy living and eating blogs, books, documentaries, etc. It's time to put it all to good use!


{source}
Family. I couldn't imagine my life without Derek. He really is the perfect fit for me! We are very compatible, rarely argue, and work very well together. He always knows the right thing to say and do...and he is the funniest man I've ever met!!! (It doesn't hurt that I think he's the hottest guy around either). Because it's so easy being married to him, there's not a lot that we work on improving. This year I want to be more intentional about our marriage. I want to look for things to improve in our relationship. We aren't planning on "starting a family" this year. That one goes back to my goals in fitness. I want to take this year to prepare my body & get my Diabetes under control so that in a year, 2, maybe more...we'll be ready to grow our family. The same goes for strengthening our marriage. I want us to put habits and things into place that will strengthen our family now and benefit our kids someday.

The beginning of the year always seems so hopeful and promising. Its an exciting time to start fresh. I'd like to sit down and fine-tune these goals, writing out specifics and really making a plan to stick to it.

I'm excited to pursue excellence this year in faith, fitness and family.

Here's to a good new year! Happy 2012. What are your goals?

4 comments:

  1. So good to see you back in the blogosphere! I love hearing about your life and adventures. Thanks for sharing and here's to the strength of God to keep your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carmel!
    What an encouragement. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend and neighbor ;)
    I enjoyed reading this. I think God knew that we would need the changing of seasons and years to inspire us with fresh starts. Very encouraging! My goals are similar to your own... it seems to come down to being intentional, and, as you said, putting into practice the things that we know! You already seem to be intentional in all those areas!! but I understand the desire to grow and do more.
    Back in our camp days, I never learned that you had diabetes... I'm sorry you have to deal with all that goes along with it... the way that you are facing life with it, is inspiring.
    Happy New Year! May God bless your new year, and strengthen you in your inner woman as you seek out excellence!
    Love Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina,
    Thanks so much for your kind comments :) Yes, Diabetes has been a challenge, but I'm really trying to do my best and stay possitive.
    And I know we can start fresh every day...but there is just something about New Years/new seasons that feel inspiring.
    YOU have always been an inspiration to me from back in our camp days until now.
    Happy New Year neighbor!

    ReplyDelete