Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DETOX WEEK 3 RECAP

It's been a while since I've given my Detox Week 2 Recap.
I ended up having so many leftovers after week 2 that menus kinda blurred together during the following weeks.
Although this would be week 6 since starting THE CLEANSE, I'm really just starting to eat meals from week 4, and begin my transition out.

WHAT MEALS DID I LOVE FROM WEEK 3?

{Pineapple Rosemary Detox Smoothie}
 I continued sticking with smoothies for breakfast and even tried a few new ones I found online like the one above.


{Kale, White Bean, Potato Stew}
 As usual, I've loved the soups and stews. This one was so hearty and tasty. There are still 3 soups I have not made...but will definitely be trying before the warm spring weather arrives (although for Chicago Winters...it's felt like spring these past few months) I'm not complaining!!!

{Shiitakes and Brown Rice en Papillote}
This was a wonderful dish I will be making again. It was simple and easy to make, AND tasted great!

{Chickpea-Brown Rice Veggie Burger}
It would be hard to narrow down my absolute favorite recipe from this detox...but this burger would definitely be in the running. I was amazed at how easy it was to make my own veggie burger...and even more amazed at how great this tasted! I will DEFINITELY make this again.

WHAT HAS THIS DONE FOR MY DIABETES?
Ironically enough, the past few weeks have been a little harder on my blood sugar as I've begun transitioning out of the detox. Sure I've cheated here and there and may have eaten a few more pieces of dark chocolate than I should've...but I'm really starting to notice the affects of eating grains on my blood sugar (brown rice, quinoa, etc.).
I still have some more observing and experimenting to do...but against my Dr.'s thoughts, my blood sugar is still doing really well as I eat fruit (especially on an empty stomach first thing in the morning or with some nuts for a morning snack).

NOW WHAT FOR WEEK 4-ISH (WEEK 6)?
I'm going to finish out a few of the transition meals, and then I have another crazy 30 days of experimenting with a different diet/lifestyle I recently came across.

All in all, I'm still amazed at what eating the right foods can do for us, how it can heal certain ailments, and how God made our bodies to do amazing things, (especially when they are fueled and cared for in the right way).

***I encourage you to make small adjustments to your diet/lifestyle where you can. I know for myself, making small changes has really added up and benefited my life over the past 2 years.
There are so many different studies and theories on diets out there that I like the idea of taking 30 days to try something out. If it doesn't make you feel better than you did before, you can always go back to the way things were. I'm excited to jump into the next adventure and will be trying my best to document it here***

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment